Aug 3, 2008

NHK tv special

So what exactly is going on here?? I'm trying to teach a 102 year old man how to say a few phrases in french, and he's not too bad!


Sensei decided to start some classes to brush up his french before leaving to Sénégal. Coincidence? Now, on the third class, as I entered the house, a camera crew started filming me from the moment i stepped in, and told me to carry on with the lesson as i would normally. Later i found out that 'NHK Hiroshima' were doing a special about sensei, and wanted to film one of the lessons, (as well as his trip to Senegal)...and they also said that it would air on the 15th of september: hmmm, i'll have to tape it.










"this man is amazing..." i kept thinking to myself.




he hey! what do you know, adding yet another language to his collection turned out pretty fun. As well as teaching a man who is over 4 times my age, I did a little brushing up myself in japanese; who learned from who?
yoshhhhh!

No comments: