Jul 28, 2008

Capoeira in the Dome

wow. it wasn't as spectacular as it sounds, but yes, my 'japanese' capoeira group Amigos Da Capoeira had a little 20 min. performance inside the yahoo dome baseball stadium...we were actually invited as a part of a world dance performance event as well as a sort of flee market occasion going down in the stadium for the weekend. Well, our capoeira time was actually cut down to 10 minutes because half of it was devoted to 'axe' dancing wich some of the people in our group do but... no i don't dance axe. we had a little crowd going.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ben!!

My name is Emma. I'm from Canada and recently moved to Yamaguchi-ken. I practiced capoeira for nearly a year before I came here and love it. But I haven't been able to find a group in my area. Do you know of any in Yamaguchi or maybe anyone who is interested in practicing? The closest as been Kitakyushu. I would like to visit Fukuoka soon. Maybe I can drop in and practice with your group?

My email is osianamontanita@hotmail.com. Please feel free to drop me a line.

Emma